Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2013
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All
Following a discussion in the forum, I've decided here's a better place to start !!
Over a period of time I have created / saved / borrowed / copied, etc lots of code snippets.
In my infinite wisdom I saved each snippet in a workbook with a working example.
Now that I have enough workbooks to send Bill Gates on a long holiday, I find I need to "clean up" all these workbooks.
I'd like some feedback on different ways you all "save" your code, be it Access, Modules on a workbook, bas files, etc.
"In my head" doesn't count as a saving code method....otherwise I wouldn't have any at all.

Any / all ideas might give me some direction !!

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I bet you can't find better ways of saving workbooks containing code/formulae sample than saving them as Test.xls, Test123.xls, abcd.xlsm, 12345.xls etc. etc. etc. :biggrin:

I find it soo easy when I need to look for sample code :biggrin::biggrin:

Hmm, Ok, that means ......no extra work for me then !!!.....LOL !!

I put the snippet, along with plenty of comments in a separate module and export it as a well named .bas file into a folder full of such snippets.

Stuff I use fairly frequently just sits in various modules in Personal.xls. Other stuff gets put into the .Net Co Library, which you can find here.

Stuff I use fairly frequently just sits in various modules in Personal.xls. Other stuff gets put into the .Net Co Library, which you can find here.

Thanks for the link royra, I've been looking for something like this!

Glad to help. If you had one of the old Office Developer Editions, there's also the old Code Librarian.

Thanks Rory....absolutely perfect.
Geez hasn't that saved some work.

And think how good it will be when I read the help file.....Ar, No can't do that....I'm Australian...

Pesky web security at work won't let me download executables :-(

Dom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Auroraaa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back