April Fools' Day. Anyone, anyone?

Long Nose

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So, does anyone have any jokes to report? Things are extremely dull as far as that goes here, -Month end, quarter end, etc.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
No, I didn't. OK that was funny. Post there, if you guys have anything good.

Last edited:
I used to post atleast 1 para of a joke or a good story or an article here in the Lounge regularly. However, due to some regular nagging by a few of them, time & again in regards to my jokes, one liners or posts, I have been forced to stop posting these stress relievers.

Only the posts which they understand (for example: like Greg Truby's english & his latest post), some kind of high level complicated english words are used - no matter what they mean ! I would never understand those words in the first place the reason being they only post for themselves not for all people across the world.

I never mind these posts but personally I would post something which could be understood and enjoyed by everyone and not only the chosen ones.

I find it very disgusting and hence I have stopped posting stress relievers completely. I tried to make it lively here and they think I do not follow the policies.

Albeit, its definitely not my problem :-D

Right, so this is a good working example of the exact type of thing we don't want posted in the Lounge.

On a lighter note - Greg's not even speaking English, at least not of the Queen's variety.

On a more serious note, this is a moderated forum. Are you being censored, here? To some extent, yes (we all are). Are you being persecuted? No. There are plenty of places on the Internet where you can engage in topics and choice of language that we do not allow to reside on our server.

Is said moderation subjective? Yes. Is that going to change? No. We've been through several alternatives and none of them were acceptable to us, this is simply how it is and is going to be here.

So, my suggestion is this, explore the WWW, find a place where potentially off-color humor or potentially inflammatory subjects, etc... Is acceptable and use that as your venue for that. And then return here to discuss to Excel and take part in light-natured discussion.

What this forum does not serve as is a soap-box about our forum rules, moderation, or a vehicle to debate said matters. If you have questions or concerns about such matters, please contact a moderator or admin via PM:

AdminMsg

Is this post heavy-handed? Yes. Am I thrilled about that? Not really. But it's simply how we feel these forums will best function. You don't have to be thrilled about this, but we do ask you to respect it.

With that in mind, this thread is not an appropriate venue to continue this discussion.

However, due to some regular nagging by a few of them, time & again in regards to my jokes, one liners or posts, I have been forced to stop posting these stress relievers.

Only the posts which they understand (for example: like Greg Truby's english & his latest post), some kind of high level complicated english words are used - no matter what they mean ! I would never understand those words in the first place the reason being they only post for themselves not for all people across the world.

I never mind these posts but personally I would post something which could be understood and enjoyed by everyone and not only the chosen ones.

I find it very disgusting and hence I have stopped posting stress relievers completely. I tried to make it lively here and they think I do not follow the policies.

Albeit, its definitely not my problem :-D

Last edited:
Nate

Maybe a sticky on what the lounge is "not" would be appropriate. I seem to find out what's "not on" one day at a time here.

Nate

Maybe a sticky on what the lounge is "not" would be appropriate. I seem to find out what's "not on" one day at a time here.

Allow me to step in really quick to note that Nate's post was not directed at you. He was commenting on Stormseed's post above.

Hello,

Nate

Maybe a sticky on what the lounge is "not" would be appropriate.
I can do that. It has been a while, but most of it's covered in the rules.

There's a few general rules of thumb to follow, and you should be in good shape:

1) Issues like those covered in the Bill of Rights should be avoided. Potentially fairly contentious issues, like sex, race, religion, politics, etc... This is not the correct forum for this, sorry.

2) Profanity isn't acceptable.

3) Treat other members with respect - treat others as you'd treat yourself, and we should all be in good shape. Unless you're a masochist - then think like someone else.

4) Exercise common sense. We want this forum to be a welcome environment for everyone (emphasis on everyone) involved, whether it's a family, or a professional in a work environment, etc... This is not an enter-at-your-own-risk/buyer-beware forum. If there's a post that could be interpreted in that light, there's a good chance it will be moderated.

We try to be somewhat flexible in all of this, and trust me, I've seen other forums that don't. However, these are some basic guidelines we moderate by, and will continue to do so.

Keep in mind what we're trying to do, here. This is first and foremost an Excel destination, this Lounge is a forum for the occasional light-in-nature chit-chat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eui

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back