Apply code to Workbook instead of individual sheets

Celticfc

Board Regular
Hi all,

For some reason my drowndown list arrows disappear after flashing and I found the code below on the net.

When I click a cell with a dropdownlist, this code allows the arrow to flash and comeback, without this code it flashes only to disappear.

All I need is to apply this code to the whole Workbook (I'm having to copy paste to each sheet for now).

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
        On Error GoTo 0

End Sub

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
1.) Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. It will do the same as your code above for all sheets.

Code:
[color=darkblue]Private[/color] [color=darkblue]Sub[/color] Workbook_SheetSelectionChange([color=darkblue]ByVal[/color] Sh [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]Object[/color], [color=darkblue]ByVal[/color] Target [color=darkblue]As[/color] Range)
    [color=darkblue]On[/color] [color=darkblue]Error[/color] [color=darkblue]GoTo[/color] 0
[color=darkblue]End[/color] [color=darkblue]Sub[/color]

2.) This code (and your code above) is just a band-aid solution to another problem. The real solution is to fix the other problem. You likely have other code that is creating an error. I don't know what it is based on your description, but that other code is what should be fixed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattyM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back