Anyone else been deleted?

CSBBB

:cry:

Hi guys. I've been deleted. I used to be caringsharingbristolbilly but now I am no more. All my posts, topics and my profile - *gone*. :cry:

I haven't upset anyone, in fact I've gone out of my way to be obseqiously nice in a quintessentially British way to everyone.

Is this as a result of the board updates? Can I get me back? Who do I get in touch with? Who are these "board administrators" that are mentioned everywhere but un-get-in-touch-withable?

Any help would be hugely appreciated, I was looking forward the the hundred-post mark on my previous incarnation, not to mention some of the replies people have given me have been really useful, and would like to keep them handy.

CSBBB aka caringsharingbristolbilly

Hi CSBBB,

I am one of the "un-get-in-touch-withable" admins of this board. I'd like to know if you have any trouble before that you couldn't get reply from an administrator in this board, please let us know.

Could you please check out your private messages? I just replied your PM as quick as I got it in my inbox.

Suat

Wow! I’m impressed.

I know of many membership cancellations but have never heard of an Orwellian elimination before.

Hi C. O. Jones,

My previous message about PM to CSBBB was not about the account cancellation, because I have no information about cancellation of membership of CSBBB yet. So my comment is not a confirmation of user cancellation.

Our server has been replaced today and we have been told that nothing would be affected during maintenance time. However, we might be having a problem with CSBBB's old account if all is as reported by user.

We don't know yet if something happened in users table while transferring of MySQL tables but we are also trying to figure out "what happened".

Suat

Hi guys.

Firstly, many thanks to Suat (smozgur) for getting back to my PM so quickly. What a star... :biggrin:

Secondly, the un-get-in-touch-with-able comment really wasn't meant as a dig, so sorry if I offended. All I mean is that without a username, it's very difficult to get in touch with the board administrators. I couldn't seem to find a 'contact us' button that didn't require a username and password (I didn't want to add to the already huge memberlist by creating a temporary one). Maybe a suggestion for the future?

Anyway, I'm sure everything is in hand, and maybe if I'm not the only one to suffer this fate, it may be it'll help Suat find a problem he may not have been aware of.

Thanks again, Suat. :cool:

CSBBB said:
All I mean is that without a username, it's very difficult to get in touch with the board administrators. I couldn't seem to find a 'contact us' button that didn't require a username and password (I didn't want to add to the already huge memberlist by creating a temporary one). Maybe a suggestion for the future?

Well, the board is set up so that you have to be registered to send a PM--so you couldn't really get around that.

As for the administrators, the ones that are usually here on the board are myself and Tracy (starl). We have set up the username AdminMsg to notify both of us when a PM is received to that account. It's a tossup as to which one of us will actually be the one to reply, though :) .

It's mentioned in the "forum rules" announcement thread, which at the moment is only visible in the Excel Questions forum.

Yay! I'm back!

Thanks for the response Kristy.

One of the things I'd like to point out is that I pay through the nose for many things in my life, and I get useless customer service. Starl, SMOzgur and Von Pookie have been excellent in getting me back up and running again on a service offered for free (I change job in a week and have needed to get all the niggles out of my programs before I go). Countless companies I have products with could learn from you guys.

I can't compliment them enough. I keep saying it, but I never stop meaning it:

I'm not worthy :pray:

Thanks CSBB :biggrin: Glad we got it sorted out - Suat just kept going at it.

I've gone and shutdown your other account.

Welcome back, caringsharingbristolbilly!!
Thanks for your nice words!

starl and Von Pookie, Thank You! For the excellent Administration on this board.

Thanks!
Suat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ogoreo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back