Any way to set a cell to Auto Goal-Seek

WoodfinAnalyst

In a spreadsheet I'm using, one of the value's for a cell, should always be manipulated using a goal-seek to another cell.

i.e.
Cell A1 is value of B1/B2
B2 is = to C1/C2
In order to figure out A1, I do a goal seek, Set Cell A1 to Value 6, By changing cell C2.

Is there a way that I can set a formula or something along those lines to have cell A1 permanently be a Goal-Seek value?
So that anyone who just picks up the spreadsheet can have Cell A1 goal seek and change cell C2.

Thank you!

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
I guess I should have specified more, that's not the exact formula I am trying to figure out.

The one I am trying to figure out consists of about 30 other formula's figuring into different cell's just was trying to describe it in an easier manner.

Upvote 0
I guess I should have specified more, that's not the exact formula I am trying to figure out.

The one I am trying to figure out consists of about 30 other formula's figuring into different cell's just was trying to describe it in an easier manner.

I see. In that case, if you want to change C1 using goal seek, you need vba. Either a button or a worksheet change event.

You can easily test it.

Record 1 goal seek with the macro recorder. Insert a button and assign it the macro you recorded.

Upvote 0
I took 5 min of my life to register to this forum and say that i hate clever pple like you! Of course it's not THAT simple! I'm using sinh and cosh functions and also need sort of auto goal seek / solver in my sheet. Sometimes you jus't cant just solve for "x"

Hi

Why don't you use a formula?

In C2:

=A1*C1/B1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back