Anti-gravity invention!

SydneyGeek

MrExcel MVP
From the Journal of Irreproducible Results:

When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat; the two will hover, spinning, inches above the ground...

So, whaddya think?

Denis

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Either that, or the extreme force of nature which exerts itself on these two unvarying events will rip the cat in half horizontally leaving you with a bloody mess of feline smeared toast and four vertical legs embedded in the soft soil.

Either you will have the greatest invention known to man or you will have a plethora of animal rights activists on your doorstep for the next 10 years. :)

Then again, if the assembly doesn't spin a few inches above the ground it could just roll along until the butter is all used up -- sort of an automated mop.

Maybe the animal rights people wouldn't be too pleased at that either...

Denis

So would that make a cat and a piece of buttered toast "polar opposites"?

You are assuming the cat doesn't lick the butter off the toast first.......

[edited typo which destroyed the meaning of my post!!]

From the Journal of Irreproducible Results:

When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat; the two will hover, spinning, inches above the ground...

So, whaddya think?

Denis
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I love it!

But then I thought more about it ...

It doesn't say which way up the toast is strapped to the back of the cat. Assuming it is buttered side up, then I think the whole assembly will not levitate but land either butter on floor or cat's feet on floor.

If the butter hits the floor then the cat hasn't "broken" its rule because it has stopped a toast-thickness above the floor. If the cat's feet hit the floor, then the toast hasn't "broken" its rule because it has stopped cat-height above the floor.

So, how about we strap the buttered toast to the FEET of the cat with the buttered side against the paws? NOW, it cannot afford to hit the floor either way, and will levitate - for sure!!!

So would that make a cat and a piece of buttered toast "polar opposites"?
I guess we could always pass a strong magnet past the two and see what happens.

So, how about we strap the buttered toast to the FEET of the cat with the buttered side against the paws? NOW, it cannot afford to hit the floor either way, and will levitate - for sure!!!
Toast booties! Or we could dip the cat in butter, roll it in toast crumbs, and see how that goes.

We once had a kitten that we hand-reared, so it didn't have any parental training on the finer points of eating out of a saucer. One day we fed it sardines. It waded it and crouched down to eat. Took about 2 days to lick the sardines and oil out of its fur, but it never waded in again!

Denis

This post reminded me of something I read once. When ever you see a UFO on television it is usually accompanied by a humming sound. Most likely this is because eye-witnesses report hearing these sounds when reporting a UFO. So where does that sound come from? The thousands of purring cats that are laying on their backs being petted to keep the craft hovering!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayneecm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back