Another Search Problem?

XL Pro

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I don't know if this is posted or not, as search feature is not working for me.

I put in my search criteria, I get a page full of results, I try to go to the next page out of 700+ that it reports and I get the page that states:
Code:
No topics or posts met your search criteria

I don't think we've ever really figured out why that happens. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything to do about it, either.

Even I run into that now and again. I just go back and try different search keywords.

Search problem

The problem still exists. I used the keyword "search", and I can see only the first page. This makes the board totally useless for me... the problem now exists for three days, while it worked before.

Is there really really really nothing to do about it ?
(I've tried to use the link directly)

I honestly wish I had a better answer, but to my knowledge there is nothing to be done about it.

I understand that it is frustrating, but it could be worse.

The forums at www.phpbb.com who provide support for the forum software this board uses have intentionally set up their search function so it will simply display a blank page if you use certain commonly used words in your search terms that would return a large number of results.

Trying to search there to find possible answers to issues such as this one is even harder because you have to find the right combination of terms. For example if you are having a problem searching, and want to look up any possible answers to the problem in their forums, you can't even use the word 'search' in your keywords or you get the blank page--as well as sometimes running into the same problem you are describing here.

Now THAT is aggravating :)

Search problem indeed depended on search string

I just confirmed this is the problem. Using 'search' or 'find' always produces the problem. I needed to know why my worksheet function 'search' and 'find' behaved strange.

Using 'InStr' (the VisBasic equivalent) as search string worked fine.

I do not understand you comment on the Google search... can I use it to search the Excel Questions forum ?

Well, 'search' and 'find' are pretty common terms used on the board. Part of the problem may be that it is returning too many results for the board to actually handle, even though there are multiple pages displayed.

As for Google: you can't search the forum alone, but you can use Google to search an entire site. It will return results from any page under the mrexcel.com domain; forum posts should be included.

Go to Google and in the search box enter 'site:mrexcel.com' (without quotes) followed by any terms you want to search for.

You can also do this through the Google 'Advanced Search' page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueH1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back