Another Newbie Question

lawfour

Thanks for answering my other question.

Here is another one:

When creating a database does the actual program when finish has be be in full screen.

The database I created has a small window to input information.

I was told that I have to create the database in full screen or the surrounding area will be gray which is not what I want. I used the wizard to create the form with one of the backgrounds supplied by Access.

Using the grid scale from Access the size is 6 inches going across and 4 inches going down.

6x4 is the only area I want to show once it is packaged for an EXE file.

Thanks (y)

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Hey lawfour

Unfortunately for you the Access Interface is called MDI, being a multi Document Interface. Therefore, all actions you do in Access (and in fact all MS Office programs) takes place within the MDI.

To run a database without using the Access Window would require that you create a custom written program that would do just that.

Access is just a database management system, and while it has oodles of tools for you to create databases, it is just a container for you to see the objects you have created.

Sorry bud.

Anvil19

Upvote 0
The window does not have to be full screen, you can rezise it the same way as any other windows program. When Access is reopend it normaly opens to the same size as last used (Or at least in A97/W2K it seems to)
I have not used the developer version of Office so have never made runtime versions and dont know how they may vary. Again not something I have looked into, but, you could probably use API calls to 'fix' the size of the application window.

HTH

Peter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back