Another New Sasur

hatman

Liam Anthony was born on June 29, 5:52 AM. 6 pounds 7 ounces, and 19.5 inches. We're a little bit confused, because unlike his two older siblings, he's actually mellow. I mean, my wife and I are pretty confused, because he sleeps, and he nurses, and is basically happy to be here and watch the world go by when he's not sleeping or eating. Our other two were screamers when they weren't sleeping or eating, and since they didn;t sleep well, and they didn;t nurse well, it meant they did a lot of screaming.

Not sure if anyone has noticed my absence in teh last like 6 months. Been busy. Or should I say BUSY. One thing that some of you may find interesting is that our company launched a new system to the Space Station that processes the waste hydrogen from our oxygen generator, combines it with the reclaimed carbon-dioxide, and makes more water. It pretty much closes the loop in the regenerative environmental system. Management, in their infinite wisdom, decided that the resposibility for making arrangements for data to be forwarded from White Sands to our facility in CT, and then to write an application to decode it, would fall on me. Not the software developement department, but a dumb mechanical test engineer without any formal training. I actually managed to finish the app before my wife went into labor last week, and if the activation stays on schedule, they flip the switch mext thursday when I return to work. That will be the moment of truth when I get to see if my code works on real live data as well as the canned stuff I've been testing with. And by the by, there's a multi-million dollar ward fee hanging in the balance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Congratulations on your new addition!

And enjoy the "mellow" time, it can change in a hurry (our son was mellow also, until he became a toddler!)!

Congrats! Health and happiness to your family!
Any software even for Space Equipment is not as significant as the Child in the life.

And just for the case, I'm in Electronics & Software development and might try to help a bit with some code, but surely not to the next Thursday :-)

Congratulations, Paul! Nice that you're getting a bit of a break regarding the temprament. And congratulations on getting selected for the project? You really need to finiggle a way to have to test the system in person.

Way to go Paul!

Both feats are impressive.

You really need to finiggle a way to have to test the system in person.

The diaper changing system or the pee conversion system?

Yeah, I'm not holdng my breath on Liam staying mellow... but if we can make it through the first 2 weeks, we have a chance of making it through until he starts walkign and talking. And in teh meantime, the 4 year old red-head is such a little mommy that she wants to help with everything... and far from being a nuisance, her help is actually helpful.

So the schedule to turn on the Sabatier on orbit slipped a month... phew. Gives me a chance to do some of my real job and also some debugging on teh software before it goes live.

Greg, when you say test the software live, do you mean like in Houston, or on station? I have no chance nor desire to do either. And really, the way I have this stuff set up, the only place in teh world that I can run it is from our ops center in CT. As I pointed out to teh program manager, I'm pretty useless outside of our ops center, which is called the HamOC (pronounced hammock), making for all kinds of fun puns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back