Announcing: The Excel Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I should introduce everyone to Lora White. Lora started as an office manager at MrExcel about 8 weeks ago. Lora is a great addition, because it allows me to have time to play with new stuff. Since Lora joined, I have several RSS Feeds, a MrExcel DVD (details soon), a new daily Video Podcast, and now, today - I am introducing the Excel Wiki.

A "Wiki" is an area of the website where the entire MrExcel community can collaborate and contribute their favorite tips. When you contribute to the MrExcel Message board, your message stays at the top and you are famous for a couple of minutes. It then gets buried in the obscurity of 130,000 other past messages. With the Excel Wiki, you can write up your favorite Excel tip and it will be easily findable in the Wiki for years to come.

I invite everyone reading this to drop by the Wiki and add a tip. Or - add a bunch of tips. After posting my first contribution to the Wikipedia, I found myself thinking of new stuff to post almost every day.

The message board has "bbcode" to allow you to add emoticons and other formatting. A Wiki has it's own unique language to add links, images, new pages and formatting. So, I recommend reading these pages:
<UL>
<LI>My Intro to the Wiki
<LI>How to edit the Wiki.
<LI>The Excel Wiki
[/list]

Check it out, and have fun sharing your Excel knowledge with the world.

July 9, 2007: The Excel Wiki was closed due to high frequencies of spam.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattyM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back