AND conditional formatting

LindaLinda

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I'm trying to conditionally format when the date value in any cell in a range matches the date value of any cell in another range AND if cells in the corresponding with those date ranges are not blank.
currently I have =AND(B7:AF30='2024'B1:NC1,'2024'B20:NC25<>"") which is not working. See pictures for reference.
Please help!

Attachments

• image (1).png
    image (1).png
    16.5 KB · Views: 20
  • image.png
    image.png
    108 KB · Views: 18

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
This is an important part of CF formulas.
* The formula must test the TOP LEFT Cell in the range you want to affect. So if the CF range is A1:A10, then you are using A1 as your cell to compare.
* You cannot compare that to many cells

Since there are no column headers in your pictures, I can't tell what your CF range is. IF B7:AF30 is your CF range, then =AND(B7='2024'B1,B7<>"") might be the correct formula

Upvote 0
Thank you for this. After thinking about this a bit more, I believe the formula may actually be simpler. I believe it might be just an IF statement.
=IF('2024'!B20:B25<>"") then highlight the cell on the Activities Calendar that corresponds to the value in row 1 column B on sheet 2024.
I took better pictures of the two tables. I'm not sure how to say "highlight the cell that corresponds to this cell"

Attachments

• Activities Calendar.png
    Activities Calendar.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2024.png
    2024.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 17
Upvote 0
='2024'!B20:B25<>"" I believe is more accurate. Still not sure how to ask excel to highlight the corresponding date though. Appreciate the help!

Upvote 0
If that last post was a Conditional Formatting formula, it won't work.

It needs to be a one to one comparison, not an array comparison.
={Cell you want to highlight} = {Cell you want to compare}
=A1='2024'!B20
if they equal each other the result is true and the cell is formatted based on your changes

Upvote 0
Darn! Okay no array. Is it possible to write a conditional formatting formula that says "When this cell is not blank(a cell that is in a column based on a date), highlight the cell that corresponds with the date"? Fingers crossed here.

Upvote 0
My goal is to highlight dates that have corresponding activities so the user will know what dates have activities scheduled without having to click on the date.

Upvote 0
You may want to do a Counta formula just to test if that date has any activities. I'm going to guess at your ranges. Lets say your 2024 sheet has 366 columns with dates in row 1 and you have 31 rows with activities. Lets say you calendar range is B7:AF30.

1720644751369.png

=AND(ISNUMBER(B7),COUNTA(INDEX('2024'!$B$2:$NC$31,,MATCH(B7,'2024'!$B$1:$NC$1,0)))>0)

Upvote 1
Solution
I assumed that your calendar numbers were actual dates. So Cell B7 has to be a date. And the same for the dates you have in row 1 on the 2024 sheet, those must be dates

Upvote 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back