Alternative to FILTER function in Excel 2010?

adamchater

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
One one sheet I have a large list of doctors, and against each doctor I have listed their secretary. Some of the doctors share the same secretary too.

On a separate sheet, if I choose the secretary, I want to be able to return which doctor(s) that secretary works for.

I got this working perfectly in Excel 365 using the FILTER function:

Excel Formula:
=FILTER('Consultant Data'!BB9:BB423,'Consultant Data'!N9:N423=Y11,"None")

"Consultant Data" is the sheet containing the list of consultants. Column BB on that sheet is the consultant's full name, and column N is the name of the secretary entered against that consultant. Cell Y11 is the lookup field on my other sheet - this is the name of the secretary I want to return the list of the consultants they are linked to.

I didn't realise FILTER wasn't available for Excel 2010, which is the version most of our users use, and so this won't work for most people.

From searching I realise I probably need some combination of INDEX and maybe AGGREGATE to replace this functionality in Excel 2010. Can anyone advise how to format this please, as I cannot work it out? The filter can return multiple results, as each secretary could look after up to ten consultants. Any assistance would be very gratefully received.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
If the formula is in Z11 try
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX('Consultant Data'!BB:BB,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW('Consultant Data'!$BB$9:$BB$423)/('Consultant Data'!$N$9:$N$423=$Y$11),ROWS(Z$11:Z11))),"None")

Upvote 0
Solution
If the formula is in Z11 try
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX('Consultant Data'!BB:BB,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW('Consultant Data'!$BB$9:$BB$423)/('Consultant Data'!$N$9:$N$423=$Y$11),ROWS(Z$11:Z11))),"None")
That's perfect, thank you so much!

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back