All controls invisible. HELP!

JonnyArcher

I set all controls to be invisible on a form and wanted them appear when necessary, however I changed my mind and even when I set each controls properties to visible - yes
when I open the form - all is blank, I've spent a lot of time on this form and don't want to lose it, anybody got any ideas on what i've done and how to get it back.

PS i've even tried running code to make a particular control visible but that doesn't work either.

ANY help gratefully received

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Make sure that there is data behind the form. An empty recordset will show no fields! It is possible that you have set a filter or something which is blocking out the records.
if from the form property sheet you click the build button for the record scource you will be able to check if records are available. you can clear filters by deleting anything in the Filter row of the form property sheet as well.

HTH

Peter

Upvote 0
I've checked those answers out and I have data and all control properties are set to visible, I've removed all filters and still it's invisible when I open the form, even though the controls aren't greyed out in design view.
Any other ideas anyone?

Upvote 0
If the form is directly based on a complex relationship (ie 3 or more tables), it is common to sese no data when you open the form. It is also difficult to use the form for data entry, even if data is there.
I don't know if that is the case with you, but I find that basing a form on a query often helps.
Also, you could try basing the form on a single table and using combo or list boxes to pull in the related data where required.

HTH
Denis

Upvote 0
As a test you could temporarily delete the record source of the form and the view the form. If the fields show then you will know that it is a data related problem.
Other things to try is to Compact and repair the database
Create a new blank form and copy/paste all of the fields over to it.

HTH

Peter

Upvote 0
Thanks to everyone who replied, in the end I copied and pasted the controls into a new blank form, so I still don't know what was wrong, but at least it's working now.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back