Alert popup

jabersold

Good Morning,

How can I get an alert balloon to popup if a number in a query is = to or > than the number that is entered.

Thank you for the assist.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Where is this number entered?
A query usually returns a subset of records. So which record/field is it being compared to?

If you could provide more concrete details (maybe examples), it might be helpful in understanding exactly what you are trying to do.

Upvote 0
I track the mileage on my trucks and when a truck reaches a pre-determine mileage I would like a popup show up and alert me that maintenance needs done. All this information in placed in a table through a form then I have a query set up to generate the reports that I use.

Upvote 0
Pop-ups could be associated with a form, but really not a query.
What you could do is have it pop-up as you enter the values in on the Form, if they exceed a certain value.
Is that what you are looking for?
If not, explain in detail your work flow, and you exactly you would like it to fit into it.

Upvote 0
I make lot's of pop-ups using Shapes that pop-up with Text. Like this
When the sheet is activated the script runs.
I don't like that boring MessageBox
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
If Now() > Cells(1, 1).Value Then ActiveSheet.Shapes("TimesUp").Visible = True
End Sub
Then you can assign this script to the shape.
Code:
ActiveSheet.Shapes("TimesUp").Visible = False

Then Just keep changing the date in cells(1,1)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I make lot's of pop-ups using Shapes that pop-up with Text. Like this
When the sheet is activated the script runs.
It looks like you accidentally (and unknowingly) wandered into the Access forum!;)

Upvote 0
You will need code methinks. How you would do this depends on when you want the popup to appear: after the record is added to the table, when the database opens, or whatever else you might have in mind. The query could be opened in code and a recordset created from it, then value tested. Or this could be a DLookup after the record is committed. Of course, I say this with the understanding that you meant to post this in the Access part of the forum.

Upvote 0
No. I'm in the Excel Forum. What makes you think I'm in Access Forum?
No, you are actually in the Access forum!

Look at the top of this thread, and you will see:
Forum -> Question Forums -> Microsoft Access -> Alert popup

The question is how you accidentally ended up in the Access forum in the first place. I have seen it happy many, many times. 99% of the time, the person goes to "Zero Reply Posts" to look for unanswered questions. Note that this functionality shows unanswered questions in ALL the forums on this board, not just the "Excel Questions" forum. If you look over on the far right on each item listed there, it will tell you which forum the question is located in.

Don't feel too bad, at least a couple of people do this every week. It is easy to miss, if you are not looking for it.;)

Upvote 0
O I see what you mean. I'm always in the Excel Forum but the question was from someone in the access forum. I never look at that little note where it says Access Forum. oops.
No, you are actually in the Access forum!

Look at the top of this thread, and you will see:
Forum -> Question Forums -> Microsoft Access -> Alert popup

The question is how you accidentally ended up in the Access forum in the first place. I have seen it happy many, many times. 99% of the time, the person goes to "Zero Reply Posts" to look for unanswered questions. Note that this functionality shows unanswered questions in ALL the forums on this board, not just the "Excel Questions" forum. If you look over on the far right on each item listed there, it will tell you which forum the question is located in.

Don't feel too bad, at least a couple of people do this every week. It is easy to miss, if you are not looking for it.;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craigvan888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back