Advice required for dynamic master table

RichPinn

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, thank you for checking out my problem.

The screenshot attached is a very quick mockup of the type of situation I'm dealing with. Effectively, I have a series of (hidden) tabs which each have the same table in them except that they are getting the daata for the tables imported from other spreadhseets. I then have a central tab at the front with the same table which I want to be the amalgamation of all of the other tabs.

The way I use it at the minute, in the example, is that the tabs are all named after the categories so I use a vstack, tocol combo to fetch this data using an indirect based on the category dropdown and then use the colour as a filter of what to display in this table.

My big issue is that I cannot see a good way of incorporating an 'all' option for the colour. My initial thought was to just stack this formula on top of itself for each colour when all is selected but there is a good chance that there won't be data in some of them so I know any empty arrays would break the whole thing as vstack cannot handle an empty array.

I've included a rough formula of how I fetch the data for the table currently, it may not be correct, I rushed it for demo purposes but it works in my actual spreadsheet. My thoughts on how to incorporate an all opption for the colour would be to add an if argument at the start with the condition being 'all' then do a vstack with a series of tocol's for each tab but I'm still unsure the best way of handling empty array errors. I'm also sure there must be a much simler way to do all of this.

Any advice or thoughts you could offer would be greatly appreciated and if any of what I've said is unclear, I'm more than happy to attempt to clarify further.

Many thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-01 105039.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-01 105039.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 27

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back