Advice on what to buy?

ramsayaj

Board Regular
Folks, I would like to purchase one or more of the Excel books listed in the online store. Can anyone recommend a particular title(s) for me?

My primary concern is pivot tables, I work with about 19,000 records or rows of data, every day. I am constantly trying to find quicker ways to manipulate the data set, present the data in different ways. I still feel I am missing out on better ways to do my job.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks,
Alan

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I will second the vote of Pivot Table Data Crunching. At first I was surprised that a book could be written on a single function in Excel - but WOW! what function. This book will teach you so many tricks. And it is easy to read. Plus with the downloadable files to help you along, you'll learn quickly.

And the biggest lesson - Data Layout, Data Layout, Data Layout! (yes, I said it 3 times). Pay particular attention to that section. People can create pivot tables with almost any layout, but if you want to really get the most out of your data - Data layout!

ok, I said my piece!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve T

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back