adding the find button to a form

dbh139

Is it possible to add the find button with the binoculars to a form you have already created? I don't want to leave it in design mode when I make the system operational, however it seems the easiest way to find data. Is there anyway I can use this function the way it is without having design view up? Any other good alternatives to my problem? Thanks.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
What exactly are you trying to find? Are you trying to duplicate how the binocs on the toolbar work while a form is open? You can search for a value in a field while the form is open...

Upvote 0
As to alternatives, check out the combo box wizard's third option "Find a record on this form...". Better yet, use the wizard to learn the code that it generates and then alter that code to do your unholy bidding. :devilish:

Upvote 0
As an alternative. . . Does anyone know how to code a button which automatically pushes "ctrl+f". I really want to make my form as easy to use as possible and some people who don't know access might not know the ctrl+f function to search. . . . Thanks.

Upvote 0
How about creating a custom toolbar with the binocs on it, and put it on your StartUp menu.

If not on Startup, you can also display a custom toolbar under Properties>Menu on a form.

You can also create the button with a macro: SendKeys ^f

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kramb

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back