Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey all,

Yesterday, we created this formula and it works well. I now need to be able to filter the returned results by a date range. I have put the start date in D5 and end date in E5. I have tried several different approaches and can't seem to get it right. I have a feeling I am on the right track, but not putting it in the correct way. Any help is appreciated.

=IFERROR(FILTER(Form!$A$5:$X$3001,(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Failed",Form!C5:C3001)))+(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Aborted",Form!C5:C3001)))),"")

Thank you.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Hello, generally speaking (since there is no view on a sample of your data) you are looking for something like: ((range of dates>=D5)*(range of dates<=E5))

Upvote 0
Assuming the dates are in column D (set D5:D3001)
Try:

VBA Code:
=IFERROR(LET(a,Form!C5:C3001,b,Form!D5:D3001,FILTER(Form!$A$5:$X$3001,(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Failed",a))+ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Aborted",a)))*(b>=D5)*(b<=E5))),"")

Upvote 0
Hello, generally speaking (since there is no view on a sample of your data) you are looking for something like: ((range of dates>=D5)*(range of dates<=E5))
1727338668122.png

Not sure if this helps. The dates are on Form!V5:V3000. I have tried (Form!V5:V3000>=D5)*(Form!V5:V3000<=E5) and it hasn't worked. Something similar to this is what I get when I have searched around. However, no matter where I put this, it doesn't return correctly.

Upvote 0
The dates are on Form!V5:V3000

In your image, it looks like they are in W.
But follow the example, if they are not in V, then change the formula to W:

Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(LET(a,Form!C5:C3001,b,Form!V5:V3001,FILTER(Form!$A$5:$X$3001,(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Failed",a))+ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Aborted",a)))*(b>=D5)*(b<=E5))),"")

Then try
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(LET(a,Form!C5:C3001,b,Form!W5:W3001,FILTER(Form!$A$5:$X$3001,(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Failed",a))+ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Aborted",a)))*(b>=D5)*(b<=E5))),"")

😇

Upvote 1
Solution
In your image, it looks like they are in W.
But follow the example, if they are not in V, then change the formula to W:
The "Form" tab that has all of the washes on it has the dates on V:V. The picture is the summary report page that I am creating. They are W:W on this page. The formula does work though, so I very much appreciate your help! :)

Upvote 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damav78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back