Adding manual input data into an exiting PQ from xml.

PippaThePointer

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I have been learning bit of PQ and now have a working file where my query source is a folder full of xml files. It gets the files does various tranformations. I then have refrenced the table intself to add custom coloumns that i can add manual data and i have this so it follows the unique column with a merge and then sorts by kind and puts in a counter. Works perfectly.
The next thing im trying to add if possibly is to also add in some manual rows of data. But it would need to go into the first stage of the query before i merge with the comment column and sort.

The reason is that most of the data comes in via the XML but occasitionally the person might need to add a row item with manual inputs because it got emailed seperatly rather than from teh data base website.
What im thinking is if i add a 'form' button so the user has to press the button and fill in the values required. But then i would need make a new query from this (original query plus new rows) so i can sort the way i need and add the totals etc and it not remove on refresh. Or is there a simpler way someone can suggest?

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
You could maintain a table inside the working file that has the same columns as the xml files, to the extent possible. Then just append it. I think that's as simple as it's going to get, at least from what I've tried.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back