Adding charts to the board?

agerrard

Hi all,

I know you can download colo's html for tables, but is there a similar package that works for charts??

Cheers,

Not that I am aware, no.

You could take a screenshot of the chart, upload the image and link to it, though.

Hi Von Pookie,

Thanks for getting back to me. So if i go Ctrl + Prt Sc and then can i paste it into the new topic space? will that work ok?

No, you have to upload the image to the internet and then link to that in the post. There are tons of free image hosting sites. For example, ImageShack and PhotoBucket.

You just upload the image, they give you the url for the image, and you link to it in your post using the given url.

use shift-Edit for charts

If you want to get a copy of a chart, display the chart worksheet, hold the shift key and left click Edit. Then click Copy Picture. The image goes in your clipboard and you can paste it where you need it (ctl-v) I have tried a number of methods and this produces the smallest size increase in MS Word of any.

That's great, however in this particular case, the OP was asking how to post a chart to the board. MS Word has nothing to do with that. :)

RE: That's great, however in this particular case, the OP was asking how to post a chart to the board. MS Word has nothing to do with that.

Understood, but if it can be pasted to Word, it can be pasted anywhere that will accept a graphics paste. The Word reference was primarily for size comparison.

if it can be pasted to Word, it can be pasted anywhere that will accept a graphics paste.
Which, again, has nothing to do with posting charts to the board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkeller10

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back