Accuracy percentage

RhondaStockton

Board Regular
Hi there
I am having a problem (I think it could be my own logic that's failing..) with working out an "accuracy" percentage. :unsure:
I am able to work out the normal average, which is e.g. 1.4%, but I cannot get the function to work out the opposite percentage - which should be about 98%...

The scenario is as follows:
Claims are being processed and are then checked for errors.
The number of errors are put into a column called errors. The usual average function will calculate the percentage of errors made. I need to work out the average accuracy percentage.
This would be easy if I could just say 100 - (average%), but it is not working because of all the zeros in the column.

Example:
Errors made

Please could you assist me in figuring out how to determine the accuracy percentage? :oops:

Thank you :pray:

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi:

From information supplied you do not want to consider zeros in your evaluation? Is that correct?

A short example might be helpful

plettieri

Upvote 0
Hi there
I'm currently working out the average percentage of a list of items. There are quite a few zeros in the calculation as well. The total result goes into a column called error percentage. Is there a function to calculate the deviance/opposite of the percentage rather than just subtracting it from 100?

Thank you

Upvote 0
So is anything with 0 errors considered accurate and anything with 1 or more errors considered in-accurate? If so, then your example would mean that approximately 78% are accurate...correct? Or are you trying to evaluate something else?

Ken

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddweller151

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back