Access stops responding when opening it in Sharepoint (Windows Explorer)

Takeshi19

Hi,

My MS Access database stops responding when I open it in Sharepoint thru Windows Explorer using its UNC path (\\sharepoint\path\to\access\etc). When I have the MS Access file in my local computer, it is working.

Any thoughts?

Thanks and regards.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
I presume you're not saying it used to work and now doesn't but that it doesn't and never did. I also presume you are saying it stops responding on startup, although you could be saying it stops responding afterwards, but during some operation. Assuming the former, it could be a multitude of reasons, such as executing code or sql/query statements on startup that cannot get values needed on startup from a Sharepoint launch. Maybe even something as simple as a db object (form/report) that uses a linked image file that is available to your local copy but not the sharepoint version. I must confess that I've never published a db on Sharepoint, preferring to move data between it and a network db. From what I've read, the incentive to do this just isn't there. You might need to step through your startup routine by opening the db within the sp folder and putting a break on your startup routine and step through it. Maybe check out this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2702762

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samue Thon Ajaladin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back