Access Report

chegra26

Board Regular
I have a report that is generated from a table where the selections are from a drop down menu. The report calculates the totals based on the selection from the drop down menu. I need my report to include all items from that drop down menu even if they have not been selected. Is there a way to accomplish this.
Thank you :)

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
your question makes no sense.
you want user to pick item in the combo, but you say:
" include all items from that drop down menu even if they have not been selected."

which is it? you want the item selected in the combo , or All items in the combo?
Whats the point of having a combo if youre going to show all items anyway?

Upvote 0
The report that I generate must include totals for everything from that drop down list. It's an official report. Right now the report only generates those selections that have been used. Let me see if I can explain it better.
I have a table where I enter data for schools. The schools are in a drop down list for easier selection. There is a total of 26 schools. I use this to keep track of student complaints. The report I submit needs to include total of complaints for all schools whether they have any recorded or not. Right now my report will only generate totals for schools who have complaints. I need my report to also generate totals for those schools that have no complaints.

Upvote 0
Sounds to me like the report's query is the problem. You probably have equal joins between fields of two or more tables. Try an outer join (left or right, depends on your table layout in design view). Research outer joins if you don't know what I mean.
Your criteria may also be the issue, especially if you are only using one table.
I agree with ranman256 - why bother with the combobox if you want all records - unless maybe you are running different reports from the same form and using the combo box for more than one of them. In that case, I would use the click event for the specific button to determine which report was asked for and set its recordsource to a different query in the report open event. Note that you do not need multiple versions of the same report to get different results. You just assign the appropriate recordsource on report opening to the same report.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damav78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back