Access report and picture

kojak43

I am trying to place database fields on a scanned architectural drawing of the office. I would like to use it for new hires so they can find their way around the company.

The company uses two floors of an office building. It is a square donut with the elevator lobby as the hole. There are two concentric squares of offices around that hole.

Starting in the northwest corner of the outside office, each office is numbered. The office number is the primary key. The other information is the occupant name, title & phone number.

When I make the report I Insert>Picture. (I tried Insert>Object. No joy, just showed icon) I find the .bmp-scanned image. It opens in the report. I labeled each specific office with its number. I then set a text box to be the same number. I figure if I can get each text box to match the correct label, the names and phone numbers will be easy to work out.

When I pressed the view of the report, the .bmp image disappeared. The label remained and the text box said #Name?

Is such a concept possible within Access?

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I'm sorry, but I am as dumb as a box of rocks. I can not wrap my brain around the link you provided. I have pasted the script below my comments.
My Comments:
I added a new filed to my table. It is called floor. It is text.
I made the folder in the same area as the DB, it is called FlrImages. I placed the two scanned objects into that folder. One is called 11th and the other is called 12th
I then made a form for the 12th floor and placed the .bmp scanned opject. I added a text box and bound it to the new field called Floor. When I preview it says #Name?

What am I doing wrong?

The Link:
Add a field to your players table that will store the name of the picture for each player (text). Now make an empty file folder, and put it next to wherever this db resides on your hard drive (or network).

Name this new folder "Pics", and copy into all the pictures you need for your players.

Add a picture to your form in the db, and have it look up anything, it doesn't matter. Change the size mode to zoom. Add a textbox to this form that is bound to the new field you just made. Name the picture img1, and the textbox txtPicPath.

Finally, in this new field, type in the name of the pictures you pasted into your new folder. Don't type in anything but the name of the file itself, so for c:\files\dbs\PlayersDB\Pics\Player1.jpg, yu would just record "Player1.jpg".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gregs44132

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back