Access Read-Only Persmissions

DataMngr

Hello everyone! I have an access database with about 12 Tables that I need to be read-only with edit capabilities for only a few staff members. I am under the impression that I will need to create a user interface with permissions? Could anyone please tell me how to do this and the code in which to do so? I found a tutorial for creating special permissions but this was with creating forms and we have tables. I'm sorry if I'm confusing as I am new to this whole thing. :eek:

Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Hello everyone! I have an access database with about 12 Tables that I need to be read-only with edit capabilities for only a few staff members. I am under the impression that I will need to create a user interface with permissions? Could anyone please tell me how to do this and the code in which to do so? I found a tutorial for creating special permissions but this was with creating forms and we have tables. I'm sorry if I'm confusing as I am new to this whole thing. :eek:

Thank you in advance!

The power of Access for displaying data on the screen comes from using forms.

Using forms is the most powerful way to use Access with mule users and secure the data.

Please read: Splitting your Access database into application and data

*** Disclamer: The following is possible but not a recommended solution ****
If you are totally against using the best practice for a multi-user Access database then you can simply use Windows folder permissions. Give the uses that only need read-only access only read access to th folder with the database.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iours

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back