Access is formatting me out of my mind!

wisgro

Board Regular
I use a 1 page report as an invoice. I format for 8-1/2 X 11 paper. After I print an invoice Access automatically increases the width. The next invoice is seen as 2 pages. I reformat to 1 page and Access over rules me again and again and again and I'm going buggy. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Walt

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
If you're using Access 2000, there is a bug that causes formatting to change. One of the service packs fixes it, but you can do a quick fix by un-checking all the Name Autocorrect features under Tools|Options|General.

Upvote 0
Also printer drivers can cause problems so make sure you have the latest installed.

Peter

Upvote 0
Thanks Peter. I checked and it's definitely Access formatting. I set the page width at 6.5 and form width at 6.5 and save it. That produces a single page report. After I print the report the formatting magically changed back to 6.583! 6.583 is too wide for an 8.5 inch page and the report shows as 2 pages. I can't understand why Access doesn't save my setting. It saves everything else.
Walt

Upvote 0
If this is margins then It could still be drivers. I just had a report resetting from A3 to letter every time it ran + a margin change that gave me a 40 page print out instead of a single sheet! This was cured by updating the drivers.
It was not quite the same as yours though as I did not get a single printout before it changed.

Did you try un-checking all the Name Autocorrect features under Tools|Options|General. as suggested by bmacr?

Peter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BudgetGirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back