Access Forms

AccessHelp

Hello,

I have a form that is in continous form vie when opened. I have the following fields names. Date, SourceName, BeginningBalance, Added, Used, EndingBalance. My question is how do I have the endingBalance field automatically goto the BeginningBalance field when you goto a new record. Also, I notice that in my table all the fields are update except for the endingbalance field. I have it set in a query to do the following calculation, BeginningBalance+Added-Used and since it is not a field in my table that is associated with that calculation it does not update that field in the table.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
For the first part of the question, you can use the form's Current event with code like this (not tested, but should be OK)-

Code:
If Me.NewRecord Then
Me!BeginningBalance.SetFocus
End If

For the second part, as EndingBalance is a calculated field, you don't need to store it in a table, just use the query where the field is calculated as the basis for any reports, other forms etc that you may use.

Upvote 0
Thank you for you assistance however when I wrote the code in my forms "On Current" event procedures it did not work. Am I doing something wrong. It looks like the code if it worked would only bring down the beginning balance of the previous record where I would like to get the ending balance of one record to drop down to the BeginningBalance of a new record. Here is an example of my problem.

Here are the fields:

Date: 06/26/03

BeginningBalance: 500

Added: 0

Used: 100

EndingBalance:400

Now when I tab to a new record I want it to automatically do this.

Date: 06/27/03
BeginningBalance: 400

Added: 0

Used: 0

EndingBalance: 400

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back