Access forms/graphs transfer to Powerpoint

Tcurtis

Board Regular
I am running an Access database that has about 30 charts that I run as a slide show inside of Access. These are just forms that I put graphs on and they are not power point.
Recently I had a request to have these transferred/exported some something so that they could be used in a powerpoint presentation.
Is there an easy way to send these forms to a powerpoint file?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Your software versions information is crucial to such an issue. If 2007 or older, I see no support in PP for inserting an Access chart. You also don't say if you're looking for dynamic (up to date) renditions of the charts when you want to view them from PP or if they are to be static. If static, then the options I can think of for older versions is to create pictures of the charts, or use Access to output the chart as a pdf and embed that in a slide. Pretty sure you can include dynamic Excel charts in a PP slide as a bound object linked to the spreadsheet, so it's an option to convert the Access charts to Excel and use the "right" tool for charts from then on.

For newer versions, apparently you can, according to this video -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J8F1ju3G2w. My Office versions are too old, or the necessary MS add-on is not available to me. The demonstration links to textbox data, which is not what you want. However, it may be a starting point for you if you have this capability. You might find that an form with your chart can be linked as well. I'm doubtful though, since I saw nothing to suggest this feature would open a chart form.

You may find that linking to Excel charts is the best option all round.

Upvote 0
Thanks Micron. I am currently exporting the queries needed into excel spreadsheets and then linking those to power point charts. Seemed like the easiest thing to do at this point.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back