ACCESS / EXCEL formula comparison

Leadparsons

Hi All,

New DB is working great thanks to all your help. Have a new problem.
I have 3 columns in excel and a 4th with a formula

Main Reject Return 60 days
27/08/2014 21/10/2014 22/10/2014 21/12/2014
24/01/2015 25/01/2015 DO REJECTIONS
17/02/2015 18/04/2015

"Main" is the first input date
"Reject" is the date it gets rejected
"Return" is the date returned after Reject

The 4th column needs to show 60 days from the "Main" date, "Do Rejections" if a date is in "Reject" and 60 days from "Return" date

Excel I use"=IF(AND(B2>0,C2>0),C2+60,IF(AND(B2>0,C2<1),"DO REJECTIONS",IF(AND(B2<1,A2>0),A2+60,0)))"

I Have tried in access IF(AND([Reject]>0,[Return]>0),[Return]+60,IF(AND([Reject]>0,[Return]<1),"DO REJECTIONS",IF(AND([Reject]<1,Main]>0),[Main]+60,0)))

Can anyone help ?

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
I know nothing about Access formulas but you appear to be missing an opening bracket for the first reference to Main.

Upvote 0
In Access it's IIf not If.
Also, you only seem to be referencing the field names, normally these have to be preceded by the table name and a dot. Are you using the QBE grid to write your query?

Upvote 0
If you are in the query field click on the icon in the toolbar that looks like a magician's wand it brings up the expression builder where you can find all the valid syntax

Upvote 0
That's fine, but I still can not get it to work even using the expression builder. Does Access have an AND expression ?

Excel I use"=IF(AND(B2>0,C2>0),C2+60,IF(AND(B2>0,C2<1),"DO REJECTIONS",IF(AND(B2<1,A2>0),A2+60,0)))"

I Have tried in access IIF(AND([Reject]>0,[Return]>0),[Return]+60,IIF(AND([Reject]>0,[Return]<1),"DO REJECTIONS",IIF(AND([Reject]<1,[Main]>0),[Main]+60,0)))

Upvote 0
I f you are using the Expression Builder, below the space for the expression it says + - / * & ... And Or Like ...
However the syntax is different to Excel. I'm trying to write your query in Access so I'll come back when I've got the basic expression to work but you can't return both text and dates within the same field so be aware that you may have to approach this differently. Also your Expression contains terms like <1 what does this mean in the context of a date?

Upvote 0
Does Access have an AND expression?
Yes, but it is structured differently (actually, it is structured more logically than Excel).

Instead of having this (like in Excel):
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]AND(B2>0,C2>0)[/COLOR]
it would look like this in Access:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333](B2>0) AND (C2>0)[/COLOR]

Also, Access uses the "Immediate If" (IIF) instead if "If". See: http://www.techonthenet.com/access/functions/advanced/iif.php

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blake86

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back