access database doesn't open

hassanesa2000

hello all,
please help to solve this issue,such as when we want to open an access file in my laptop its show me an message (is not à valid path) where as its opened normally at work in some PCs connected with network.
really I dont know exactly where is the problem.is the file protected do not open to an other pc or..?

thanks in advance .
cordialement
hag010

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Welcome to the Board!

Where is the database stored? Is it stored on the network? Does your laptop have access to that location on the network and the same drive mappings as these other PCs?

Does the Access database contained any linked tables or connections to other place on your network? Does your laptop have access to those data sources?

Upvote 0
Hi joe4,
first thanks for your quick reply.
yes the database stored in the network and my laptop doesn't have access to that location on network,also the database doesn't have any linked table.
how can I use this database on my laptop,please help me

cordialement
hag010

Upvote 0
the database stored in the network and my laptop doesn't have access to that location on network
If the database is stored on the network in a location that your laptop doesn't have access to, how do you expect to be able to connect to it?

You would have to do one of the following:
- give your laptop access to the place on the network where the database resides, and make sure it has the same drive letter mapping (if you are accessing it via drive letter instead of UNC)
- move the database to a location that your laptop does have access to
- put a copy of the database on your laptop (then, of course, you are working off of a COPY of the database, and not the original database, which may or may not be problematic depending on what you need to do)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
that's I did,I put a copy of database on my PC but in vain doesn't open.
I have a pic contain a message but I didn't find how to send attached here.

Upvote 0
How exactly are you trying to open the database?
From a shortcut, or browsing to it from Windows Explorer or Access?

What exactly does the error message say (just type it out)?

Upvote 0
I open directly by Microsoft access and the message is (TNG EQ\report.accdb n'est pas un chemin d'accès valide. assurez-vous que le nom du chemin d'accès est correct et qu'une connection est établie avec le serveur sur lequel réside le fichier.).

Upvote 0
English translation:
TNG EQ \ report.accdb is not a valid path . make sure the name of the path is correct and that a connection is established with the server where the file resides
So, just to clarify, do you get this error when you open Access, or when you try to open that particular database?

"TNG EQ" does not look like a valid file path. Where is this coming from?
Are you browsing through your folders, seeing this, and then selecting the database, or trying to open it up by clicking on the recent database listing on the right (do not try it this way, try clicking on "More..." and browsing to the folder location where the database resides, and double-clicking it from there)?

Are you able to open a new, blank Access database on your laptop?

Upvote 0
I get this message after opening the microsoft access then I dont have any access to table or form...., when I click to a table the message appear again.

Upvote 0
OK. I am not quite clear on what you are telling me here. I am asking about very distinctly different activities here.

1. Can you start Access on your computer? I am NOT asking here about opening up any particular database. I am just asking if you can open Access without going into any database. I am just trying to figure out if the problem is with the Access installation itself on your computer, or the database.

2. If you are able to open Access itself (not any particular database, just Access), are you able to to create a brand new Access database? You would just do that by clicking on the "Blank Database" button after opening Access.

3. If you are able to do the first two things, can you open Access, go to the "Open Recent Database" section on the right and click the "More..." button, and then browse to the folder where the database you want resides, and then double-click on the database. Do NOT select the database from the listing of recent databases, you should manually browse to it using the method I suggested. Can you get to the correct directory? Can you open the database?

Related to item #3, if you open a Windows Explorer window on your computer, are you able to browse to the folder where the Access database resides? If so, what happens if you double-click on it from there?

Also, I probably should have asked from the beginning, what version of Office (Access) are you running on your laptop?

So if you can answer ALL of the questions I have posed here, it may give us an idea as to what is going on here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freddocp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back