Access 2016 SLQ database opening in read only mode

andrewhoddie

Board Regular
Hi

I have a database that is now only opening in read only mode. Everytime I try to enter or amend the data it states recordset it not updateable. This was working yesterday but is now not working. The database is saved in a trusted location. There are no other users accessing the database, although it is shared.

Any help appreciated
thanks
Andrew

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
You don't say if you made design changes to anything, or if there were no changes and it just started behaving this way.
Look for a lock file the the db that is not getting deleted when the it closes. If you find one, you can open it in notepad to see who either has a lock on it because it's open or because it was left hanging that way. The latter may indicate abnormal shutdown or a problem with db code. Sometimes a network is slow to refresh its open file list and leaves the lock file in place, or is not doing so on a branch of folders although I think that's less likely.

Upvote 0
Hi

Sorry, I did add two fields into the SQL table, and updated through the linked tables. I can not see any other locked file. I have checked again today and it is still read-only

thanks

Upvote 0
Hi

Sorry, I did add two fields into the SQL table, and updated through the linked tables. I can not see any other locked file. I have checked again today and it is still read-only

thanks

Hi Sorry just to clarify when the database opens it does create the locked table but the size of this is 0KB, once the database is closed this locked record does disappear

thanks

Upvote 0
Hi this is just in the linked table manager to refresh the table with the new additional fields so I could add them to the form from the SQL tables/server

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outis_

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back