Access 2013 sub forms not displaying expected results

andrewhoddie

Board Regular
Hi all

I have been given the lovely task of converting (basically recreating) a database as its format it no longer available in 2013. The data is stored in SQL.

I have managed to get the forms and most of the data working correctly but I am having issues with some of the sub forms. There are two issues that I can see

1) on one sub form the data is showing for all of the results not just the one that relates to the ClientID i.e a list of all of the results for that form for all ClientIDs not just the results for the current ClientID
and
2) on a different sub form the data is not corresponding to the ClientID. It is almost just a separate database which I can toggle between the records but this has no relevance to the main form - I would like this to relate to the clientID so for example if the clientID is 1 then only the data that relates to this is shown.

I hope I have explained this clearly, if not please message me and I will try to clarify.

thanks in advance
Andrew

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Check that you have correctly defined the parent/child relationships between the main and subform controls containing your subforms. If not, this might be the issue for both problems.

Upvote 0
Hi

thanks for the reply, I have checked them as best I can but it does not seem to have made any difference.

The main form is ServiceUser
The sub form is clientequipment
the relationship type is one to many
the table/query is clientid from serviceuser
the related table/query is clientid from clientequipment
the join type is 2. include all records from serviceuser and only those records from clientequipment where the join fields are equal

so I am trying to use the clientID from Serviceuser to get only the replies from clientequipment that relate to the shared clieintID

Upvote 0
That all looks good, but this
I have checked them as best I can but it does not seem to have made any difference.
doesn't indicate to me that you have correctly defined the relationship in the property sheet of the subform control. To be sure we are on the same page here, you have opened your main form in design view, clicked once on the subform control (not the subform) and looked at the Data tab on the property sheet? And what do you see for "Link Master Fields" and "Link Child Fields" properties?

Upvote 0
:) You were right, despite linking in the relationship it had not brought these through correctly which I have now corrected and is working

THANKS very much for your help :pray:

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Glad we got it sorted out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damav78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back