Access 2013 forecasting

hc02pct06

Hello,
I am looking to track a machine maintenance schedule. I am tracking monthly, quarterly, and yearly. I would like my forecasting to be based off the completed date that the task was done. So if I am late on the maintenance, the forecast date moves with it. I am not sure how to go about getting this accomplished.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Welcome to the forum.

We are hear to answer your questions. If you will ask a specific questin about how to do simething, you have a much better chance of getting a rsponse. This is true for all online forums. Not just here.

WHY? Since we know nothing abut your detabase design, there really is not any way to offer any specifc suggestions that wil work in your database.

Hello,
I am looking to track a machine maintenance schedule. I am tracking monthly, quarterly, and yearly. I would like my forecasting to be based off the completed date that the task was done.

What you are wanting to do is definitely possible to do within Access. I have an Access application that is an equipment tracker. It includes maintenance for euipment and PM tracking.

So if I am late on the maintenance, the forecast date moves with it. I am not sure how to go about getting this accomplished.

Not sure what yu mean by "the forecast date moves with it".

If I am understanding you correctly, one way to handle this is:

If the next PM date is in the future, use that date. If the next PM date has passed (is late), then use today's data.

This example might help:

Reminders (Click Here)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doug Mize 1024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back