Access 2003 Workgroup Information File Question

exm206

I have two secured Access 2003 databases in a folder on a shared network drive. I have one workgroup information file in that folder that both databases reference. I have no problem at all with either of these databases or with their security. All the security settings work as they should. My problem is that I want to secure another database on that shared drive, with the same users, but I want to put these users in different groups than they are in for the other workgroup information file. I tried creating a new workgroup information file and setting the users to different groups in it, but this changed their permissions to the other databases. Is there some way to do this? Can I set users to be in different groups in different workgroup information files? Will Access 2003 always set the permissions to the least restrictive for a user, even if those less resrictive permissions are in a different workgroup file? I would appreciate any help anyone could give me. I guess what my question boils down to is can I give a user different permissions for different databases and if so, how? Thanks alot for any help that you can give me.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielCorn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back