Access 2000 to Access 2003

Gregc

Board Regular
Does anyone know issues or incompatabilities with using an Access 2000 database with Access 2003? Will it work?

Thanks,

Greg

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
It is usually not a problem using an older database in a newer version. Problems may arise if you go the other way, though (i.e. trying to open a database created in Access 2003 in Access 97).

Upvote 0
jmiskey said:
Problems may arise if you go the other way, though (i.e. trying to open a database created in Access 2003 in Access 97).

The problem being you won't be able to... :biggrin:

Upvote 0
If Access 2003 supports the Access 2000 file format (as XP does) there should be no problems. Anyone know if Access 2003 DOES support Access 2000 format?

Denis

Upvote 0
SydneyGeek said:
If Access 2003 supports the Access 2000 file format (as XP does) there should be no problems. Anyone know if Access 2003 DOES support Access 2000 format?

Denis

Yes, the default file format used within Access 2003 is the A2K format. The formats available are 97, 2000 and 2003/03 (i.e. there is no A2003 specific format). To be honest, I've noticed even less difference between Access XP and 2003 than I found between the two Excel versions and that's saying something. The only useful enhancement I've found is that you can change the font size in the SQL view of a query.

Anyway, I'm diversing. Gregc will have no problem running his Access 2000 database in Access 2003, other than the stupid new security 'enhancements'.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I am working on a Access 2000 db using 2003 and have not had any problems. In the title bar it will show " (Access 2000 program) " or something to that effect.

Upvote 0
The only useful enhancement I've found is that you can change the font size in the SQL view of a query.
I do remember reading somewhere that A2003 now supports multiple Undo/Redo's which will be quite a gift to users at any level.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wella86

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back