about search !

It is not a bug.

When you make a search, phpbb software stores a search_id for your search that remembers the topic IDs which has been found by the search (instead querying the database everytime you click next or prev or any page number). However, search_id that is being saved in database table is not a permanent record, it expires in sometime and deleted from the table since it is related with the session (or when your login expires or when you logout if you are logged in when you were making a search). That's also why your link above is not good anymore because search_id (and even session id) is expired and it cannot find related search to return topics.

I just went to search and made a search for mysql to test it and it found 9 pages with 179 matches and I am able to navigate between result pages. Then I logout and tried the page 2 in my old search results page and I got what you mentioned, "No topics or posts met your search criteria"

Session...

I hope this explains that it is not a bug.

It is not a bug.

However, search_id that is being saved in database table is not a permanent record, it expires in sometime and deleted from the table since it is related with the session (or when your login expires or when you logout if you are logged in when you were making a search). That's also why your link above is not good anymore because search_id (and even session id) is expired and it cannot find related search to return topics.

I.

sorry, i was logged on and tried to jump to next page in 10 or 15 seconds..so i believe is not a timing question..regards however

It is not a bug.

However, search_id that is being saved in database table is not a permanent record, it expires in sometime and deleted from the table since it is related with the session (or when your login expires or when you logout if you are logged in when you were making a search). That's also why your link above is not good anymore because search_id (and even session id) is expired and it cannot find related search to return topics.

I.

sorry, i was logged on and tried to jump to next page in 10 or 15 seconds..so i believe is not a timing question..regards however

Of course no need to be sorry. I tried to explain how phpbb search is working (logic). It might be even like that phpbb couldn't have recorded temporary search_id record into the database. So it is definetely not related with our usage or something like that.

Sorry if I have been sounded like saying you are doing something wrong. On the contrary, thanks for informing!

Btw, have you tried again? Does it still do the same thing for next pages for "mysql" keyword?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Assy Bissy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back