A Question of $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pallyjo

Ok, perhaps a bit off-topic:

I'm fairly clueless to what the average VBA/Excel programmer makes. Anyone have an overall idea? I've been working full time for about four years now as a VBA/Excel consultant and have developed considerable skill. I've been approached a number of times by management asking me what my salary range is (to see if they could afford me in a staff position). I'm always embarrassed to tell them I have to think about it.

I've heard of rates as low as $30/hr all the way to well over $125/hr. Is this purely subjective? At the moment, I'm inbetween the two rates above. I don't want to go into the office and scare them or seem ridiculously unreasonable either.

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Ok, perhaps a bit off-topic:

I'm fairly clueless to what the average VBA/Excel programmer makes. Anyone have an overall idea? I've been working full time for about four years now as a VBA/Excel consultant and have developed considerable skill. I've been approached a number of times by management asking me what my salary range is (to see if they could afford me in a staff position). I'm always embarrassed to tell them I have to think about it.

I've heard of rates as low as $30/hr all the way to well over $125/hr. Is this purely subjective? At the moment, I'm inbetween the two rates above. I don't want to go into the office and scare them or seem ridiculously unreasonable either.

Take what you make in one month as a consultant and then multiply it by 12...and then add the traditional 15-20% to change jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ckaplan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back