a Quality Assurance database

Davers

Has anyone created a QA database and if so...do you have a simple example of one? I've just been tasked with creating one in Access even though my forte is Excel...I can create a simple database to house information...however, creating a database that has questions that are given a certain weighting, or point value, and then assigning that to an individuals own QA session is a little daunting...I don't know even where to start...any ideas??

I appreciate any help at all...

Thanks,

Dave :oops:

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Hi Davers,

I am currently in the process of building a QA database myself. And it has been a challenge as it is my first real Access project. I started basically by asking my fellow co-workers what would make their jobs easier. As a group we have needed an efficient, centralized location to keep data for QA sessions on over 600 people. So I started with the simplest task of creating a session log that each QA coach can input their notes from a session. If you are trying to integrate scores into session notes as well, what do you have to work from? Are scores currently kept in a database that you can link to? Or is everything currently done on paper where it would be a benefit to have an automated scorecard?

Before I even began to build the database I sat down and created a layout in Excel... just to get an idea of what I would need for tables, forms and reports. What is it that you need to keep track of? How would you like to see the information displayed. Ask your co-workers what they would like to see, what they feel would help them do their jobs better.

That would be my suggestion on where to start. I don't know if that was what you were really looking for, but it is where I started. Once you know what you need to build, learning how to do it is the fun part!

-Elysyn

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it....I think I'm going to have to sit down and figure everything out on paper like you suggest. My usual create as I go method isn't going to work!

Thanks and have a good day!

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back