A Problem Posting Questions & Replies

SidBord

Ever since I started frequenting this terrific forum, I've had a problem posting stuff because I can't see what I type. The posting area on my computer is solid black! If I run my cursor over what I have typed, then I can see it black text on a white background. But it disappears when I take away my cursor. As a consequence, I tend to have a LOT of typos. When I attempt to correct typos, almost always everything I've typed disappears, and the cursor goes back to the beginning. So I have to type the whole thing over again. Is thios due to one of my display settings? I don't have the problem on otheer forum posting areas. I hope there's an easy solution.

Have you tried using a different browser than the one you're using currently?

I don't think so. I normally use Netscape, but I have IE available. I'll give it a try.

OK, here I am on the infamous Internet Explorer browser, and I still see all black background with no typinig feedback visible.One change: when I move my cursor over the area I've typed, I see white text on balck background. The text is VERY tiny.

Sounds very odd. Maybe you have set some colors for the Windows environment. In IE, select Tools|Internet Options|General Tab - click Accessibility options. Have you got any boxes checked that may over-ride the sites colors? I presume you arent having problems with othe web pages.

No problems with other sites. The pages I saw on IE looked the same as what I see on Netscape. I sonehow suspect it is the choice of colors I use. For example, I use a black background for my desktop. But trying to get everything like I like it is like trying put put a cat in a bucket of water . . . always one leg stays out.
Thanx for the suggestions.

SidBord said:
No problems with other sites. The pages I saw on IE looked the same as what I see on Netscape. I sonehow suspect it is the choice of colors I use. For example, I use a black background for my desktop. But trying to get everything like I like it is like trying put put a cat in a bucket of water . . . always one leg stays out.
Thanx for the suggestions.

Try playing with the "Ignore Colors Specified On Web Pages" accessibility option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KENNETH ROGERS

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back