A blinking Christmas tree...

Rick Rothstein

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
It is December, and if you celebrate Christmas, then it is time to start thinking about getting a Christmas tree for the house. But what about for your computer? If you want to put your desk at home or in your workplace into the holiday spirit as well, then you might like my Excel blinking Christmas tree which can be found here...

http://www.excelfox.com/forum/f22/a-blinking-christmas-tree-708/

Enjoy,

Rick Rothstein (MVP - Excel)

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
If you tried to download my blinking Christmas tree and experienced any problems, please try again... I have been assured by the server administrator that the problem has been fixed. Sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Downloaded it fine, but is the blinking specific to newer versions? I'll try on 2010 when I get back to the office, but even with macros enabled on my 2003 version at home, it doesn't blink.

Despite the lack of blinking, I was still impressed at how much spare time you must have, or else how much time you sacrificed!

<edit>
Disregard, it's blinking merrily away. Nice! Takes me back to the 80's video graphics.

Last edited:
that is pretty nice

it is amazing what kind of things you can do with excel

i have used excel to generate barcodes just by alternating black and white cells

Excel 2010 :D

Just tried it on my copy of XL2010 (32-bit, I don't have 64-bit version) and it works fine. Did you note the yellowish band at the top of the worksheet (the first time you load it; a dialog box afterwards) asking you to enable editing and/or macros? Or do you have your setting set such that you don't run macros at all?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFromAustin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back