7.2 Baja California Earthquake!

jgthtrotih

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Hey,

Earthquake around 3:40pm (P.S.T)..Did you guys feel that? Ive never felt an earthquake like that and i live near L.A. about 100 or so miles from the epicenter..nothing broke just slight stucco cracking..it shock pretty hard and for about a minute...how bout you guys? they had reports of shaking in Oregan over 800 miles away!

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Felt nada up here (Santa Cruz/San Jose/San Francisco). But my boss got shaken up at his place just north of San Diego. No damage I've heard of from anyone in the SD area though.

I was in Orange County for the Northridge quake (my first, and my first day at a new job in a new state). That one was pretty good.

Glad you're OK.

I spent most of my life 45 miles north of Mexicali, but since moving to Misourri, I haven't felt the earth move once.

Didn't get anything in the Sacramento area, but I did get a report from an uncle in San Diego of a few pictures being broken and some siginificant shaking in his area.

As for Missouri--well, check the records on the New Madrid fault! It could happen anytime...

I'm just about 150 miles (~250 km) northwest of the epicenter. We felt a strong rolling motion for close to a minute...lots of swaying of lights and doors, but no damage. The flat-screen TV looked like the surface was jello...it flexed really oddly, but returned to normal once the shaking stopped. I haven't felt one that strong since the Northridge quake about 15 or 16 years ago (southern California native).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cami_dev

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back