50 excel WBs

2bhonest

I recently purchased a copy of VBA Macros for MS Excel 2003. I note that on p7 there is a link to download the code files, ........getcode.html......... but I cannot get this to work.
Can someone please help?
Much appreciated!

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
You haven't explained what problem you are having... and it would help if you could post the link you are trying (I will delete it after you post, since that is privileged information).

On page 7 of the aforementioned book the last paragraph provides a link
http://www.mrexcel.com/getcode.html as the location to download........ "a set of 50 Excel workbooks demonstrating the concepts in the this book,......plus 25 bonus macros. When I last tried this link earlier this morning I was led "around the houses", however, the link now works and I have been able to download the file. It seems I may not have entered the address correctly, in addition, I was led to believe that the code was only available if the book was purchased from the website. Thanks for your attention! The book is the best I have seen on this subject and I'm eager to learn all it has to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having the same problem with opening this file. I downloaded the file from It downloads well but everytime I try to open it. The file asks me to choose a language when I choose "English" the file begins reinstalling. After it reinstalls the file closes. I can't get it to work. Please help:( I really want use the workbooks in this file. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trying out the steps as I write this:
1) Download VBABook.exe to your computer
2) Run the vbabook.exe. Choose English
3) The installer proposes an installation directory of C:\Program Files\MrExcel
4) Click Continue
5) A message says the files installed successfully

If all of the above works fine, then do this:
Then, do Start - All Program - MrExcel - Project Files.
An HTML file opens up with links to each chapter's file.
At the bottom of that HTML are the 25 Hans files.

If something isn't working with steps 1 through 5, let me know which step.

Bill

Anyway to do without down loading an exe? At work we are locked down in Vista and I can't load exe files.

OK. Send a note to excelstore @ mrexcel.com. I can see if I can e-mail the workbooks to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gatje

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back