365 Array Formulas - SORT & FILTER from 2 different columns??

thewiseguy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

Is it possible to combine these 2 SORT & FILTER formulas?? I am trying to have my output data on 1 sheet, coming from sorting and filtering from 2 different columns of data.

20201117-Bob.2020.IntNFRtr.v3 - WIP.xlsx
ABC
1CategoryManufacturerItem
2Flat PanelASDASD 22W LED Flat Panel 2x2 MV 4K Recessed
BOM_FixLamps
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2A2=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C2,TableProposed,3,0),"")
B2B2=IFERROR(LEFT(C2,FIND(" ",C2)-1),"")
C2:C23C2=SORT(UNIQUE(FILTER(Input!Z4:Z503,(Input!Z4:Z503 <>"")*(Input!Z4:Z503<>0),FALSE)))
Dynamic array formulas.

20201117-Bob.2020.IntNFRtr.v3 - WIP.xlsx
TUV
1CategoryManufacturerItem
2Rental EquipAhernAhern W LED Rental Equip Scissor lift, 19', 32" Electric - Week
BOM_FixLamps
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
T2T2=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(V2,TableProposed,3,0),"")
U2U2=IFERROR(LEFT(V2,FIND(" ",V2)-1),"")
V2:V3V2=SORT(UNIQUE(FILTER(Input!W4:W503,(Input!W4:W503 <>"")*(Input!W4:W503<>0),FALSE)))
Dynamic array formulas.

Any help is appreciated!!

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Not in a single step, I've been trying many ways to do something similar. With the current formulas the 2 columns would be treated as relative rather than continuous, meaning that Z5 would be placed next to W5, etc.

The only way to make it work would be to combine the 2 lists in simple format first, e.g. by entering =Z4:Z503 into W504, then processing the whole lot as a single column using your existing method.

It might be possible with PQ, that is not something that I use enough to say for certain.

Upvote 0
Not in a single step, I've been trying many ways to do something similar. With the current formulas the 2 columns would be treated as relative rather than continuous, meaning that Z5 would be placed next to W5, etc.

The only way to make it work would be to combine the 2 lists in simple format first, e.g. by entering =Z4:Z503 into W504, then processing the whole lot as a single column using your existing method.

It might be possible with PQ, that is not something that I use enough to say for certain.
thanks for the feedback. looks like i'll stick with what I have for now.

Upvote 0
Just a quick follow up, something I did notice was that an 'Array of ranges' is one of the causes of the #CALC! error.
Whilst I did not see this specific error in all methods that I tried, the need to use an array of ranges appears unavoidable so it seems unlikely that it will be possible to work around it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back