2Q: About data analysis for my company's departments

Abdulrahman Ali

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
1- I want a method to analyze expenses for each department individually, where I can set a remaining budget, and it is calculated and distributed throughout the entire year?

2- How can I change the budgets of departments using a filter within the same sheet, and have these changes reflected in the table, considering that the table already has columns for budget, actual, reserved, and remaining?

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I think you're trying to create a remaining budget by level loading the remaining months with an even portion of the remaining budget. We're in September now, so maybe you want the remaining $10k to show as $2.5k/ month for the remaining 4 months, for instance. I didn't include a filter and just used =today(). You could change this part of the formula to be based on an input.

=IF(MONTH(DATEVALUE(F13&"1"))>=MONTH(TODAY()),$F$7/(12-MONTH(TODAY()-1)),0)

F13 is where I have the months named. So July, August, Sept, etc
F7 is where I put the remaining amount

Breakdown
IF(MONTH(DATEVALUE(F13&"1"))>=MONTH(TODAY()) - this is just checking whether the month is still outstanding or already passed. If it already passed, I don't want to include additional/potential spend

$F$7/(12-MONTH(TODAY()-1)) - this is just taking the remaining budget in F7 and dividing it by the remaining months left in a fiscal year (12 minus the current date then -1 to include the current month. You can adjust this if your fiscal doesn't start in January

Hope that is close to what you described.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MNexcelguy19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back