MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
As many know, Microsoft has a program for MVP's, Most Valuable Professional's. These people are nominated by fellow MVP's and recognized by Microsoft as individuals who have greatly contributed to their field of expertise and shown a willingness to share their knowledge. Microsoft offers the MVP program for most (if not all) of their products, including Windows Client, Mobile Devices, Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.

Many of you may know some of these MVP's, and dealt with them on occasion. They are the elite of the elite, most often dubbed 'gurus'. Well respected and earned their recognition through very, very hard work. Here are some links which will explain this a little better.

Most Valuable Professional
Awardees

The MVP Global Summit is held in Redmond, Washington every year (excluding other world Summits) at the Microsoft campus. This year I'd spoken with some MVP's prior to the Summit. One being Colo. He said we should meet and I took him up on the offer. So I took a day off work and headed up to the Seattle area Thursday night (stay'd at a friends house Thursday and Friday nights).

I showed up at the Microsoft Campus Friday at about 4:45 pm. I waited until about 5:00 and I got a call from Bill Jelen. Turned around and there was the man himself. He promptly introduced me to some of the greats. People like John Walkenbach, Bob Umlas, Shane Devenshire and **** Kusleika. Yup, got to shake hands with them all. Quite an honor, and very humbling.

I then got to meet some of the people who I knew would be up there and had some conversations with leading up to that day; Colo, Bob Phillips and Andy Pope. Together, Bill Jelen, myself and these three went out to eat. As for myself, I had a wonderful time. It was just great to meet people in person which you'd only dealt with on a 2-D medium before. And I'm always up for meeting a friend and shaking their hand. It adds an additional element of realism for me.

I did take a camera with me, albeit a disposable, and snapped a few pics at Friday nights MVP party at the Sci-Fi theatre in downtown Seattle (right under the Space Needle). I got in because Guests were allowed - and I got to keep my guest pass! Hehe, some good memerobilia.

AndrewColoZack.JPG

Myself, Masaru Kaji (aka Colo) and Andrew Shuttleworth (Mobile Devices MVP) get our pic taken.

AndyDebra.JPG

Andy Pope and Debra Dalgleish having a good time.

BillJohn.JPG

Two powerhouses: Bill Jelen (aka MrExcel) and John Walkenbach (the legend).

DebraBillMeet.JPG

A funny story behind this one, but it's one of many times that Bill Jelen and Debra Dalgleish met that night.

JonJan.JPG

Jon Peltier and Jan Karl Pieterse having a good time.

It was a wonderful time and I'm glad I had the opportunity to be there and meet all those great people. A great time was had by all. :-D

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Thanks, for the pics, Zack. What a great time you must have had.

But my question is, "How come these people all look so YOUNG??????"

"How come these people all look so YOUNG??????"

'Cos relative to the more wrinkled, they've spent an unhealthy amount of time in doors crouched over their keyboards!

Zack, you should be ashamed - disposable camera!!!!

Nice to see some of the faces behind the tying though.

Maybe (don't hold your breath) I'll fly accross for the next - looks like fun.

Thanks for the post.

Zack,

You Suck! ;)

I, for one, am jealous!

That must have been a great experience.

Smitty

Erik: Shorts aren't always a good thing...I cringe when it's "Managers' Day Out" at the beach. Some things are just meant to be covered up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattyM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back