2003 VBA code to open Excel 2007 workbook?

njbourque

I have a workbook made in Excel 2003 and wrote VBA code to open a predefined directory containing approx. 20 woorkbooks, code then goes to a specific sheet in each workbook and copies a range of cells (range varies) to this new workbook. In this new workbook I then merge all those copied worksheets into a single worksheet. Code work great if all my files are Excel 2003 or earlier. We have been slowly migrating to Office 2007 and now Excel 2007 files will not open using this code. I have downloaded and installed the converter.exe file but I still can not open Excel 2007 using Excel 2003. I want to continue automating this task but it is getting frustrating having to open each 2007 spreadsheet and save as a 2003 file.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
We need to see your code. You probably have something in there looking for xls, change it to xl*

Upvote 0
We need to see your code. You probably have something in there looking for xls, change it to xl*

I will check that, I saw a similar thread response from Ron DeBrun site.....on another note I can not get the MS Excel 2003 to open up any 2077 ".xls" extensioned files. I D/L'd the update converter but that does not help either. I will try the "*.xl*" search mechanism later today. Thanks Blade Hunter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back