1 Report, multiple tables

cstimart

I have a 2007 database that utilizes VBA to compile a temp table when a button is pushed and then opens a report that reflects that data. Currently, that same report is used in a couple areas, but the table will contain the same fields, but different data depending on the button/area that utilizes it (Example: monthly or yearly data).

I've run into a situation where 2 users are in the db at the same time and have conflicts when accessing the same report at the same time, as the table manipulation causes and error.

I know I can solve the problem by only allowing 1 user at a time. I could code so that the temp table that is created would be named specific to the user(s)...but is it possible to have the same report open by 2 users at the same time and each reflecting their specific table?

I tried utilizing OpenArgs with opening the report, with no success.

I could also duplicate the report, but I'd prefer to have 1 report so when/if changes are made, those changes don't need to be made twice.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
If the database is split into a Front End/Back End couldn't the temp table be held in the Front End - it will then update for each user while the original Back End table is left untouched.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aiden Jenner

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back