1 Form 3 tables

stafire_18

Board Regular
I'm having trouble with adding fields from multiple different tables to 1 form. In the form I have all the fields of 1 table but can not figure out how to get the other two tables fields into the form so that when information is entered & the record is save, all 3 tables are updated with the information populated. Non of the tables have any related fields.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Should they have at least one related field? for instance if it invoves credit card members, should I add 1 field of social security #'s on all 3 fields? Think that might help? I also tried creating a query that will pull all 3 tables but when the query runs, none of the fields populate, I also tried adding them as a subform but same thing, no data appears.

Upvote 0
Each table should have a primary key field which uniquely identifies each record. Usuallly the field is an Autonumber.

Depending on the relationships between the tables these primary keys will appear in other tables as foreign keys.

These foreign keys identify the relationship between records.

Perhaps you could tell us what data you currently have and how the tables are structured.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizN

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back