Marking post "solved"

KGee

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Is there a way to mark a post as solved, meaning the original poster received a solution that fulfilled his need and the post can be either locked or flagged in a way that others know it is complete?

Kevin

A few view points that didn't come to mind immediately. I guess it may be better off left alone. It would be nice however if the OP was able to acknowledge a member's suggestion in a visual form to say thank you. Something like rep points or a check indicating an accepted solution. I have found this board extremely helpful and will go back and post a reply anyway.

Thanks!

As Von Pookie said I believe you can edit the title of your own post and make it say Solved. But with your time on here you will notice many people will ask a question and an answer will be provided and the original poster will not say another thing if it worked or not or even thank the person. You will just get use to those types of things and probably will not even notice it.

I believe when you reply the the post you have the option of putting in a new title, but I'm not positive. I'm going to test it in the test forum. The time limit thing may have made it not an option as you pointed out, but only the admins know?

EDIT: I could not change the title in the test forum. Oh well scratch that idea. :)

Last edited:
Actually, I have found some of the BEST discussions on the board have been long after the original question was answered and the OP exited the seen.

lenze

Actually, I have found some of the BEST discussions on the board have been long after the original question was answered and the OP exited the seen.

lenze

Amen to that. I have learnt a lot more watching the gurus thrash things out long after the OP went away satisfied (or never came back...). Admittedly a lot of the conversation is over my head, but I do glean occasional crumbs from the table of wisdom.

I suggested this at another excelforum and was given the same reasons why it shouldn't be implemented.

However they seem to have gone ahead with it now anyway. I'll claim the credit for that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back