This board moves too fast!!

coltrane59

Board Regular
Seems like a post only stays on page 1 (where it's most visible) for about 15-25 minutes. Within an hour you're on page 3 or 4, where you'll never be noticed if you haven't been already!:ROFLMAO:

Can't we open a few more subtopic boards. Rather than "All Excel/VBA questions", why not at least:

1) General Excel questions
2) Excel Macro and VBA questions

Or maybe,
1) Excel Beginner questions
2) Excel Advanced
3) General Excel
4) Macros and VBA for Excel

Or, something! Too many posts on one board.

Anyone else agree?

there is little value in beginer / advanced as it is very subjective. also some problems which are "advanced" may have a simple elegant solution. thks

Kaps

I don't know, adding too many forums might only confuse people and might not know which forum to post in (BTW, you posted this question to the wrong forum -- I moved it to the About This Board forum).

Another issue is that many times, people don't know whether or not they need a VBA solution or not. Many times they think they do, not realizing that is already a built-in Excel function that does what they need. Or vice versa, they might not realize that their answer requires a VBA solution.

You don't need to worry about unanswered posts moving too fast and not being seen. Many experienced responders filter the list to look for unanswered posts -- regardless of what page they might be on.

If you haven't had a replies in at least a few hours, we also allow you to "bump" your post back to the front page by responding to it yourself with the word "bump" in your reply. Warning though, if you do this, your question no longer appears as an unanswered thread.

The issue about adding new forums has been discussed and considered from time-to-time, but I am fairly certain that there are no plans to do so in the near future.

Re: This board moves too fast!! - need more subtopic boards

It took about .5 seconds for my post to be moved from the general excel board to this one. I agree I should have posted it here, but given that this Board only sees about 2-3 posts per week, I'm guessing that now nobody will notice.

At least on the other board a few dozen people would have seen it before it slipped in to abyss never to be seen again ;).

Admins, I guess this is mostly for you guys anyway - have you considered breaking out the topics on the main board so that posts have a little more time to get noticed?

This could only be good for everyone - posters and MrExcel included.

Thanks!

It took about .5 seconds for my post to be moved from the general excel board to this one. I agree I should have posted it here, but given that this Board only sees about 2-3 posts per week, I'm guessing that now nobody will notice.

At least on the other board a few dozen people would have seen it before it slipped in to abyss never to be seen again .
You just demonstrated another good reason against it -- people who might post to the wrong board intentionally because the feel it gets more looks than other boards. That could make a clean-up nightmare for Admins and Moderators (who, by the way, are all of volunteers -- none of us get paid to do this).

Thanks for the replies. Joe4, I see what you're saying. Still wish there were more specific rooms, but I understand.

coltrane59

as was stated by Joe4 most of the more experienced people know that under the "Quick Links" you can look at all the 0 responds and try to answer those. I personnal find those forums with multiple sub-forums difficult to use. Because many times your question falls into multiple categories and the moderators do not want you to post to multiply areas the same thing. I love MrExcel and the setup. They have a much better format and works great. I would even venture that they have more users and posts each day than most other forums.

You just demonstrated another good reason against it -- people who might post to the wrong board intentionally because the feel it gets more looks than other boards. That could make a clean-up nightmare for Admins and Moderators (who, by the way, are all of volunteers -- none of us get paid to do this).

Point taken, but I didn't intentionally/knowingly post to the wrong board initially...actually I didn't notice this board when I first posted.

I was just saying I didn't disagree with my post being moved here. (y)

coltrane59

as was stated by Joe4 most of the more experienced people know that under the "Quick Links" you can look at all the 0 responds and try to answer those. I personnal find those forums with multiple sub-forums difficult to use. Because many times your question falls into multiple categories and the moderators do not want you to post to multiply areas the same thing. I love MrExcel and the setup. They have a much better format and works great. I would even venture that they have more users and posts each day than most other forums.

Fine! I'm a new guy here, so I didn't know people could search for the 0 responds. Good to know though.

I didn't get any responses to my post from yesterday, so (in my inexperienced mind) I was assuming that it was because it moved to quickly to the bottom of the pile...

Actually, looks like I did get a reply on that post yesterday evening!

I should shut up now...:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back